Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Easter activity in Community Church

Several days before the Easter holidays, I got information about the activities for Easter. Joseph told us a lot of stories about Easter day, which aroused my interest in this religious festival. It happened that I received an invitation card to attend a celebration held by a community church. That was good news for me!

I had never heard about this community church before. And this church is not real church, but just a satellite of Agincount Penticostal Church. This activity was held in a primary school nearby. On Easter Sunday, when we arrived, a lot of people were there. The first activity was an egg hunt that the children loved. The children were divided into different groups according to their ages and led by a team leader to hunt eggs outside. My son was excited about this and he hunted 4 bags chocolate eggs. Then, the adults were invited to the gym to listen to a gospel message. The most interesting thing was live music! It was wonderful. It was a pity I couldn't listen to the Christian because I had to accompany my son to attend the children games outside. I am surprised that they prepared plenty of games for children, such as blowing bubbles, playing parachutes and the telling Christian stories . My son enjoyed playing these games even though it was his first time coming here.

When the activities were over, the community church served lunch for all. I enjoyed this activity also. And I hope I have more opportunity to attend activities like this. I found out that there are activities every Sunday morning for children and adults. I must go there!

1 comment:

  1. great report!! i hope u get the chance to hear the message next time!

    ReplyDelete